today I will give you detailed information about ” How to screenshot on ASUS Laptop” So let start and be with me till the end of the article. Take screenshots with free tools and accessories from Asus laptops is So easy for user but the user must know the techniques.
This makes screenshots relatively simple because the basic mechanism for obtaining them is very similar in all the different versions of Windows.
The updated version of Windows in Windows 10 and later also offers the possibility to create screenshots using the integrated tools included with Windows Suite.
Since most newly purchased ASUS laptops run Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system, it is easy to take screenshots. A few years ago, I had to download and install certain programs or accessories on it.
You can now use the tools that come with Windows to take screenshots on your ASUS laptop.
The latest ASUS laptops have a very simple screen capture mechanism. The latest ASUS laptop models include:
- ZenBook series
- The ZenBook Pro series
- ZenBook S Series
- New ZenBook Classic series
- VivoBook series
- The VivoBook Pro Series
- VivoBook S Series
- New VivoBook Classic series
- StudioBook series
- ASUS notebook series
- Chromebook series
- Commercial series
- Game series
- FX / ZX series
- ASUS TUF game series
This guide on how to take a screenshot on an ASUS laptop is applicable to all these models and previous versions if they are running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Microsoft Windows 10 ASUS laptop screenshot
Microsoft was extending the UI screenshot in Windows 10
Free external tools to create screens on an ASUS laptop:
Most people who take screenshots just want to keep some of the information on the screen and not a full-screen image. Therefore, mostly screenshots get changed after capture.
If you want to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop or notebook, you can also use third-party external tools and plugins.
The free tools for creating screens on an ASUS laptop are, for example, “Greenshot” and “PicPick”.
Both tools have the advantage of being able to more easily capture screenshots of individual areas on the screen or perhaps some open windows such as a browser, for example. In addition, you can use these tools to edit screenshots immediately and save them later.
After editing, you can easily save the image to your hard drive.
How to take a screenshot on ASUS laptop with keyboard shortcuts
How to take screenshots on a single screen?
To take a screenshot on a single screen, e.g. Only your laptop, which is not connected to any external secondary display, should follow these steps:
- Press the [Windows] and [Print] keys on the keyboard.
- You will find a folder called “Screenshot” in the images folder. In this folder, all the screenshots you have taken will be saved and located until you move them to another location.
- Alternatively, you can choose to simply press the [Print] key without pressing the [Windows] key. This has the effect that the screenshot will not be saved in the “Screenshot” folder, but will be saved to the clipboard.
- Now you can open an image program like Paint and insert the screenshot with [STR] + [V] if you want to save the screenshot as an image and further edit the image file.
How to take a screenshot on multiple screens connected to the ASUS laptop?
The key combination [Windows] + [Print] creates a screenshot of all the screens connected to the laptop, notebook or desktop in Windows 10, ie when using multiple monitors, the tool creates a screen screenshot of the desktops of all the monitors in a single file and to the clipboard.
You can insert a screenshot into any compatible program. Use the Edit and “Paste” menu or the CTRL + V key combination to insert the image into a suitable program, such as Paint or Adobe PhotoShop.
In addition, this screenshot will also be saved as a file in the user profile “C: \ User \\ Pictures” or “C: \ User \\ Pictures \ Screenshots” in PNG format.
Advanced possibilities to take a screenshot on the ASUS laptop
If you simply press the [Print] button, no files will be created or saved in the user’s directory. The screenshot is placed on the clipboard as an image file, from which you can access it.
To access the image or screenshot, you can paste it again with CTRL + V into a graphics program such as Microsoft Paint, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Adobe PhotoShop.
By pressing the Print button, you can quickly create a screenshot of all the content on the screen. However, you may only want to get information from a single window, such as your browser or another program or application.
To take a screenshot of the only active window, use the [Alt + Print] key combination. The screenshot is not saved as a file, but rather on the clipboard. Here you can paste it back into another program to edit, trim, and save it.
Editing and cutting screens with the toolbar on the ASUS laptop
If you use Windows’ built-in capture tool, you can take a screenshot and edit it immediately afterward. The capture tool, which is the fastest application to access from the Windows Start menu, helps you create and edit screens.
By dragging with the mouse, you can copy an area of the desktop to the clipboard and save it directly as an image file.
This feature is more efficient than pressing the Print button and copying an entire window, which you then have to save or insert somewhere, and then manually edit, crop, and save, which is time-consuming and inefficient.
With the capture tool, you can select specific areas and edit, save, or send the image directly by email with a single click.
The small arrow next to the Mode allows you to specify how you want to take the screenshot. Several options are available:
- Free cut: Activate this menu item to select free space with the mouse. The mouse does not draw a rectangle but acts like a pair of scissors.
- Rectangular cut: this function is active by default when you start the tool for the first time. If you restart the tool, the cut function will remain active. Draw a frame around the part of the desktop you want to capture. The cutting area is rectangular in shape and suitable for most screenshots you want to capture.
- Cut window: when you move the mouse over a window, the tool automatically selects the entire window. This function is similar to the Alt + Print key combination. Whether you want to use the crop tool or the manual mode using the shortcut key combination depends on your personal preference. But in this case, the Hotkey method is really superior since you want to take a screenshot of an active window. This means that you don’t need to crop or edit much later. The key combination is much faster than opening the Capture Tool, setting the correct mode, and then taking a screenshot.
- Cut Full Screen: This feature creates a screenshot of the entire desktop, just like the Print button. If you want a screenshot of the whole screen, the key combination is really superior, since it is much faster and therefore more efficient over time.
you enable Hide Instruction Text, the tool will no longer display a note on how to take a screenshot. This is useful, for example, for users who create serial screens and already know how the tool works.
Using browser plugins to edit screens without Paint
However, you should know which extension or tool is suitable for your specific browser. Most ASUS laptop users use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as their default web browser.
Depending on the browser you are using, the following information is important to use these extensions:
- For Google Chrome: fantastic screenshots or FireShot
- For Mozilla Firefox: Awesome Screenshot Plus or FireShot
- Plugin installation is quite simple: depending on the browser you are using, all you have to do is click the “Add” button.
- Then you will find the corresponding tool in the upper right corner of the bar. Click on the plug-in and select the area you want to photograph.
- A new tab will open where you can edit the screenshot. Alternatively, you can use any other image editing program after saving the screenshot on your device.